Hot Water System Specialists
We don’t realise how much we rely on having instant hot water until we have none. iSpecialise is yourEast AucklandandSouth Aucklandhot water system specialists. Whether it’s gas continuous flow hot water, gas storage, electric storage, solar hot water, or a heat pump, we can make sure you get the right water heater for you.
We can provide you with friendly advice on what hot water cylinder is best for your needs. All of our hot water cylinder installations come with a 10-year guarantee on the tank; some even offer a 12-year warranty. We also offer solutions that can prolong the life of your cylinder, such as annual sacrificial anode replacements, and so on.
For affordable hot water repairs and installation service, call iSpecialise; Auckland’s hot water specialists. If you require a cylinder replacement or hot water system repair, we can offer a ‘same-day’ response, providing you with excellent service and competitive prices.
Reliable & Affordable Hot Water Repair & Installation Services
We offer a reliable and affordable hot water system service toEast AucklandandSouth Auckland. Whether you need your system repaired or replaced, you can count oniSpecaiseto provide a timely and efficient service.
iSpecialise repairs and installs all types of hot water solutions in Auckland, professionally and efficiently. If you are considering switching systems,contact us. We will happily discuss your needs and recommend the best solution for your needs.
Hot Water Installation Service
Types of Hot Water Systems We Repair & Install
- Continuous Flow Hot Water
Continuous flow hot water is a gas hot water system. If you have gas on your property or are thinking about having gas installed, then a continuous flow hot water system could be for you.
Continuous flow hot water is very energy-efficient – water is only heated as you need it. Another great benefit is that you will never run out of hot water. If you have teenagers, or just enjoy having a hot bath or a long shower, rest assured the hot water will keep on coming.
iSpecialise offer a variety of major brands including but not limited to, Rheem, Rinnai and Therman. All of these units come with a 10-year warranty.
- Gas Storage Hot Water
Gas storage hot water services are excellent. They are efficient and heat water fast. With a low gas consumption and a fast recovery, you will save money and reduce the size of the hot water service needed. Unlike continuous flow hot water systems, gas storage systems store hot water. So, if there is ever a shortage of power, you will still have running hot water.
- Electric Storage Hot Water
An electric hot water cylinder heats and stores the water. They are more economical to supply and install; however, they can be more expensive to run as the thermostat will heat the unit as required – even if you are not using hot water. When the temperature drops, the electric hot water system will turn the element on to maintain its temperature.
- Solar Hot Water
Solar hot water systems utilise solar panels to heat the water. As water runs through the panels, it is heated by the sun. Solar hot water systems are available as split systems or close-coupled systems. The tank of a split system is installed away from the panels; usually on the side of your house and a pump circulates the water through the panels and back into the tank. On the other hand, the tank of a close-coupled system is attached to panels on the roof, and water flows without a pump through the panels and into the tank. If it’s overcast or raining, the system’s booster; either gas-electric or electric solar, detects when the tank is not getting enough heat and kicks in to heat the water.
Hot Water System FAQs
- What hot water systems are available? What are my options?
While hot water cylinders are a popular choice, they are not the only choice. You can choose between storage systems and continuous flow systems in East Auckland, South Auckland, and Hauraki Plains, or you can choose based on the heat supply; electric, gas or solar.
Generally, hot water systems are split into electric systems, gas storage systems, solar systems and continuous flow systems. Each comes with pros and cons, which are briefly outlined below.
- Pros:There is no storage tank, you will never run out of hot water, and you will enjoy lower electricity bills.
- Cons:Even though it’s called instant, water will take a little while to heat up; it’s not instant. Electric models may also cost more to run in off-peak hours, and they are more expensive and install than standard storage systems
Gas hot water storage systems:
- Pros:Purchase, installation and running costs are cheaper than electric storage systems, and gas is more friendly to the environment.
- Cons:If running from LPG, there is the potential that you will run out of gas and, therefore, have no hot water till your gas is refilled.
Solar hot water systems:
- Pros:They are very energy-efficient and can reduce your electricity or gas requirements for hot water heating by up to 75%.
- Cons:They are expensive to purchase and install, not ideal for homes in shady locations or homes with small roof spaces.
Electric hot water storage systems:
- Pros:Water is stored, so it’s hot, ready to go when needed, and it’s the cheapest option of the four to purchase and install.
- Cons:Water is stored in the tank, so it can run out and then have to wait for it to heat up again before hot water is available. They are also the most expensive to run.
- Which hot water system is best?
We get asked this question a lot. However, there is no best system, only the right system for your use and needs. There are many factors to consider to determine which system is best. Such factors include:
- The number of people in your household
- Your typical water use
- The amount of available sun
- Your area’s water chemistry
- Your budget
For help deciding which system is best for your needs, please give us a call on09-889 9553. One of our friendly plumbers will be able to review your needs and offer advice on which system will be better suited to your needs.
- How can I tell if I need a new hot water cylinder?
不幸的是,几件事情可能出错的hot water cylinder, resulting in the need for a replacement. Tell-tale signs include the cylinder leaking from the top of the tank, continually running out of hot water or not reaching the temperatures it once did, a noise coming from the cylinder, and rusting water leaking from the tank and sometimes taps.
Also, cylinders only have a life expectancy of around 10-years. So even if you aren’t experiencing any of the issues above – yet, there’s a good chance your due for a new hot water cylinder any day.
For more information,please read our blog post.
- What happens to my old hot water cylinder?
Getting a new hot water cylinder installed is great. Getting rid of a broken hot water cylinder can be a nightmare, but not if you choose iSpecialise – we take care of the problem for you. We include free removal of the old cylinder with every new cylinder we install.
- What areas do you service?